Image Map

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Every Day You're Alive is a Special Occasion



Graphic found on Happy AZ

Some days, it may not feel like a special occasion. It is a struggle. But, when I saw this graphic on 
Happy AZ's Facebook page it reminded me instantly of my beloved Grandma. She used to remind me of this often. She would urge me to use all of the beautiful dishes and serving pieces that she had given to me and stop worrying about breaking them or waiting for just the right occasion. She reminded me that the reason that they were so special to me was that they reminded me of her and could just as easily be broken in the cabinet, dusty and unused. On this first Thanksgiving without her, I lovingly set the table with many of her beautiful things and it was a such a blessing to look around and see a part of her with us.

Sometimes, I "lose time" when I am hurting and the days slip by too quickly. My good intentions of doing things fall away and all I can do is rest and try to let it go. I don't have the luxury of knowing when I will have good days to keep waiting for tomorrow or the weekend, next week, next month, next Spring, etc. I am really grateful to have had this awakening to enable a change in perspective and look at my life differently. Instead of hoping and wishing, waiting and being disappointed in myself, I am dreaming and creating, trying to be much more intentional about where my time goes and even saying no when I need to. What a blessing to begin to live out my life as a special occasion, even if it is Pajama Day or Day 4 of Leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment